Volunteers are essential to the success of Last Chance Rescue. Whether potential volunteers have 2-5 hours on an occasional basis or wish to devote hours a week, there are many tasks that need to be accomplished and many skills that are required. Opportunities to work with the dogs are available based on experience and training. Your help will provide the animals with the attention they need and the social skills that help them get adopted.
Kennel Care includes: taking dogs out to the play yards or cleaning the kennels or dog areas. Specific tasks might include grooming the animals (bathing, brushing, clipping nails, etc.), for example. You will help make the animals happier and more appealing to adopters. Work one-on-one with a dog to teach him/her the basics (sit, down, walk on a loose leash etc.) until he/she finds a new home.
Adoption Events Every weekend, Last Chance Rescue has adoption events. These events allow potential adopters to meet several Last Chance animals at the same time and be matched with the perfect pet. Our volunteers help set up crates for the event and also take dogs outside for potty breaks. What better way to get a dog or cat fix? All it takes is a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Most events run from 12-4pm, and we ask our volunteers to arrive around 11:30 and stay until about 4:15pm. Children have to be at least 12 years old to volunteer with a parent, and 18 years old to handle a dog on their own.
We also need volunteers to give rides to dogs from fosters who can’t make it to the adoption event and to dogs from our kennel. Our kennel dogs are the ones who need the adoption events the most –sometimes it’s the only opportunity for the kennel dogs to be seen!!
Adoption events are an easy way to help us save these animals lives.
Other Ways to Help
- Ask a local business to donate a gift card to Last Chance Rescue
- Set up pet supply donation box in your office break room
- Host an event or gift drive
- Provide computer and website help
- Promote spaying and neutering
- Donate your VG’s receipts. This is an easy way help Last Chance as we receive funds from VG’s.
- Do you shop on Amazon? Please sign up through Amazon Smile at smile.amazon.com and pick us as your charity.
- Kroger shoppers can help by signing linking your Kroger card to us at https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow NPO #65128
If you are interested in volunteering please e-mail email@example.com